Genuine altum or not?

Gajowa
International user

Re: Genuine altum or not?

Post by Gajowa » 28 Nov 2009, 22:50

Hi
Our altums are almost identical to those from the short moovie on Youtube. Chris went to Czeh personaly and he has seen the parents. They certainly were altums. Have to say, the young altums look different and swim different (compared to manacapuru), with their fins streched out. They are 4 m-ths old and about 2 inch in body size.
Barbara
member of the Polish Club of Discus Lovers http://www.pkmd.pl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ouscazz

Post by Ouscazz » 28 Nov 2009, 23:01

Ok, but they are looking quite a lot different compared to my wild caught Orinoco Altums wich are much taller body/fin ratio.
///Mats

Jag har väldigt enkel smak, bara det bästa duger.

Fotoalbum
Videokanal

Fanbyalperna

Post by Fanbyalperna » 29 Nov 2009, 13:06

These beautiful fish make me wish I had a bunch of Altum. Rare and expensive though. :heart5:
Lack of room, money and objects to buy :sad:
Hälsningar/Regards
Christer

Heiko Bleher
International user

Post by Heiko Bleher » 23 Dec 2009, 13:01

Hi,

you all have beautiful Pterophyllum, but no P. altum. I gave a talk in Prague last September about P. altum and everyone was astonished, finding out that no one had actaully bred them up to date... And difinitely never Linke or anyone else.

I just colelcted them again 10 days ago, they are so different from what people claim to have bred as P. altum - there are world's apart.

merry Christmas

heiko Bleher
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nasser90

Post by Nasser90 » 23 Dec 2009, 16:15

Heiko Bleher wrote:Hi,

you all have beautiful Pterophyllum, but no P. altum. I gave a talk in Prague last September about P. altum and everyone was astonished, finding out that no one had actaully bred them up to date... And difinitely never Linke or anyone else.

I just colelcted them again 10 days ago, they are so different from what people claim to have bred as P. altum - there are world's apart.

merry Christmas

heiko Bleher

Picture of them would be great :-) when you write you can also paste a pic :) only takes minute or two.

zenon

Post by zenon » 01 Jan 2010, 17:42

Yes! Pictures please?! :hello2:

Heiko Bleher
International user

Post by Heiko Bleher » 05 Jan 2010, 11:10

Hi guys,

the day unfortunately has only 24 hours and I already do work normally 16plus each day, if in ther junglr, in the desert, in my office or doing fairs and exhibitions and confereneces. You al seem to have the time of your live.

I had so many expeditions, discoveries and conferences last year that we are slowly placing one after the other - always an abstarct of it - on our website. Now we done part of the Philiuppine resreach and lectures, fish shops and Discus Championships from last November on our site (home page and Latest NEWS). Tomorrow we leave for India, confernece and another expedition (I am working on 2 new books, and also must finish volume II a tremeduous work, just worked again all night on it).

So anyhow, later in January we will have surely the real P. altum pctures on our site, and everyone can compare. I also wrote seval times to Dr Pojar in Poland and shoiwed him that they are no P. altum, also during my lecture in Czech Republic in September. And the moderator is correct, those claimed, also Barabaras, P. altums, the bred ones, are very different from the real one. Those are not P. altum Pellegrin 1904.

You must see the fishes I collected again, there are world in between...

B.t.w. On January 31sty, 2010, I wasd invited to give an interview at 12:00 European time, about this. It takes place during the final day of the Polish International (?) Angelfish competition and the owner of the only Polish magazine http://www.akwarium.pl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mrs. Magaret Stefko, will coordinate it. She will also publish some of the real P. altum photos of mine, which we have send.
I am off to the next flight,

always

Heiko

Ouscazz

Post by Ouscazz » 05 Jan 2010, 11:57

Allright Heiko, thanks for your reply and for confirming my suspicion, looking forward to see your photos! :tumme2:

What about these juveniles of mine then, genuine or not?

///Mats

Fotoalbum
Videokanal

kaj.p
.Admin.
.Admin.

Post by kaj.p » 05 Jan 2010, 13:35

If i understand Heikos lecture in Prauge right this is genuine altums Mats. But it will be easier to say if u could show me a pic from the side.

Ouscazz

Post by Ouscazz » 05 Jan 2010, 14:17

Kaj,

I'm also quite convinced they are genuine Pellegrin 1903 Altums. They were imported to Sweden by a small importer in Kungälv, anyone you might know about?

Here's a side pic, dorsalfin is a bit torn due to some light punishment in the move to my new tank.

///Mats

Fotoalbum
Videokanal

Return to “Ask Heiko Bleher about wilds”