Restart of my 7.5ft

As the title says! Just to show there is more than one way to house our discus!
stanchung
International user

Re: Restart of my 7.5ft

Post by stanchung » 04 Feb 2008, 09:46

mandisc wrote:wonderful fishes and awesome tank stan. well done :2tubsup:
and thanks for the very intereting lessons given. :2tubsup:
Lessons? Where got, just sharing la bro like what you do. :hug1:
stan
http://www.discus.com.my > timbalan administrasi dxk :D

Strixxx

Post by Strixxx » 04 Feb 2008, 17:04

I suspected something like that Stan!
But i just wanted to hear it, I didnt know discus did it though!
Thanks again Stan! :tumme2:
"No bullshit here"

Conny Nilsson

stanchung
International user

Post by stanchung » 04 Feb 2008, 19:04

I only noticed recently actually when i put them in my fine white sand aquascapes. This behaviour is also talked about by Heikoand since I noticed with my own eyes so I can confirm it. :tumme2:
stan

Alex

Post by Alex » 04 Feb 2008, 20:31

I can't stop starring at the pictures! :heart5:

What kind of gravel are you using ?

Cheers.
/Alexander Ylipää

bucket

Post by bucket » 04 Feb 2008, 20:35

Alex wrote:I can't stop starring at the pictures! :heart5:

What kind of gravel are you using ?

Cheers.

its called Biltema Blästersand :dontknow:

I will shut up now :garv:

stanchung
International user

Post by stanchung » 04 Feb 2008, 21:52

:garv: , what is Biltema Blästersand ? I suspect you are being naughty again. :nono:

The sand is just river gravel. Varying degrees of fineness. the coarse one for the bottom as I don't want the undergravel tubes to suck up fine sand. Finer ones for the top for the discus to sift and play with. I'll put some nice cories in there. Waiting for some C duplicareus. Love those fellas. Will definitely love the sand and be a playful lot. :2tubsup:
stan

bucket

Post by bucket » 04 Feb 2008, 22:06

stanchung wrote::garv: , what is Biltema Blästersand ? I suspect you are being naughty again. :nono:

The sand is just river gravel. Varying degrees of fineness. the coarse one for the bottom as I don't want the undergravel tubes to suck up fine sand. Finer ones for the top for the discus to sift and play with. I'll put some nice cories in there. Waiting for some C duplicareus. Love those fellas. Will definitely love the sand and be a playful lot. :2tubsup:

Haha :) i was just kidding around abit.. sorry mate. :hug1:

Biltema is like a big warehouse for car accecories ,paint and all the things you need when you are building something.

Blästersand is a fine sand witch people use when they wat o get a rust away from metal for example.

im not so good at explaing but the sand is cheap and absolutley maaaaarvelous as aquarium sand :)

well btw. The aquarium is absolutley positivley beautiful.

can you say how many litres it is? im not getting the hand of gallons (its to complicated for my brain) :garv:

npeter

Post by npeter » 04 Feb 2008, 22:12

stanchung wrote::garv: , what is Biltema Blästersand ? I suspect you are being naughty again. :nono:

Stan, blästersand (in swedish) is sand used for Shotblasting, you know removal of paint or cleaning metal before surface treatment etc.
Take a look in my gallery and you will find pictures from my tank with this sand.
Size is from 0.2-0.7 mm

My corydoras love this sand and same with my Discus.
Also is dirt-cheap comparing to regular sand you can buy in local stores in Sweden.

Best Regards,
Peter

bucket

Post by bucket » 05 Feb 2008, 02:26

npeter wrote:

Stan, blästersand (in swedish) is sand used for Shotblasting, you know removal of paint or cleaning metal before surface treatment etc.
Take a look in my gallery and you will find pictures from my tank with this sand.
Size is from 0.2-0.7 mm

My corydoras love this sand and same with my Discus.
Also is dirt-cheap comparing to regular sand you can buy in local stores in Sweden.

Best Regards,
Peter
shotblasting... you show off :stick: :stick: :garv: i couldnt find the right word

npeter

Post by npeter » 05 Feb 2008, 08:05

bucket wrote: shotblasting... you show off :stick: :stick: :garv: i couldnt find the right word
Haha, showing off??? think not....to be honest it's a damage in my brain related to my official work, to know absolutely worthless things.. :garv:

//Peter

Return to “Planted & Display Tanks”