Restart of my 7.5ft

As the title says! Just to show there is more than one way to house our discus!
Alex

Re: Restart of my 7.5ft

Post by Alex » 20 Mar 2008, 10:31

Really great Stan! Now Im really looking forward to see my altum grow that big! :shock:

Hm, can´t you host up some fresh pictures of the whole tank ? :heart5:
/Alexander Ylipää

Dizkuz

Post by Dizkuz » 20 Mar 2008, 10:35

stanchung wrote:
gep wrote:Now i know, he gives them food in an adder tank! That way is always so clean! :nono: :nono:
This tank is ~250G... there's 6 altums and 7 RSG's, 2 albino bristle noses... Very low density... :2tubsup:

Danne: they're averaging 9-11" height. I heard they can reach 14". :shock:
They had some problems... now they're ok, at least I hope so!
I'm a shore that u will get them up to 14" :2tubsup: with your dedication it will not be any challenge. :hug1:
What do you feed them to get them in that conditions?
And as Dougall Stewart said, whole shot of the tank my friend so we can enjoy your skills in decorations.
Take care
Dannne
No end to Karma, so we should be very careful about our actions
Poff!

stanchung
International user

Post by stanchung » 20 Mar 2008, 13:35

Hi Alex/Danne,

Whole tank shots are difficult, for a tank this size i need more light to get a decent picture otherwise the pics would look blurry.
Would update later in 2 weeks...have an aquascaping contest to organise this end of the month and an MTV to shoot. On top of that a poster to design and doing concept drawings for a planned betta gallery. I really am swamped. If my Jakarta job is on I have to drop everything and go.

I wish have a time travel thing like in the Harry Potter movie to do all this...urk...
stan
http://www.discus.com.my > timbalan administrasi dxk :D

seanyuki
International user

Post by seanyuki » 20 Mar 2008, 19:06

Hi Stan,

Really nice & simple setup and what a huge tank 250 gallons tank . :confus1: Three of my tanks combine together and even not that big :dontknow: The Philippine fern is beautiful and looks better than diftwood.You got good taste. :hura3: How often do you change the water? Now how many tanks left in your house? Just Curious.

Cheers
Francis

mandisc
International user

Post by mandisc » 21 Mar 2008, 18:36

stanchung wrote:GEP, they eat off my hand too but I can't shoot that because my camera is quite heavy!

I'm trying to make them fat like nPeter's. :hura3: :hura3: :hura3: So they'll swim slower and easier to shoot. :garv:

Thanks Dougall, it's nice to combine hobbies.
Discus, planted and photography. (Maybe author when I'm 50?) :lol:
nicely renovated n beautiful resident there stan. :2tubsup:
but an author at 50??? damn , thats way too late! my kids loved ur slidshow. commercial them up and i'm sure they'll beat " sponge bob square pant " hands down. :garv: :garv: :garv:
best regards , mandisc
discus home breeding hobbyist

stanchung
International user

Post by stanchung » 23 Mar 2008, 15:32

Dizkuz wrote: What do you feed them to get them in that conditions?
They eat whatever that's in the fridge at the moment. :garv:
The altums and rsg's love frozen blood worms, I use to give them mysis shrimp but it's out of stock nowadays. :dontknow:
They have frozen brine shrimp as well.
The altums eat flakes and bits too but the RSG's don't so I don't feed them that anymore.
seanyuki wrote:Hi Stan,

Really nice & simple setup and what a huge tank 250 gallons tank . :confus1: Three of my tanks combine together and even not that big :dontknow: The Philippine fern is beautiful and looks better than diftwood.You got good taste. :hura3: How often do you change the water? Now how many tanks left in your house? Just Curious.

Cheers
Francis
Hi Francis,
The Phillipine fern are extras from my other overgrown planted tank and as expected is already getting holes due to this tank not being a proper set up planted tank. I've got another 500G of water in the house with fishes... :shys:
Mine's like a wet kitchen[stained tiles etc] compared to yours[carpet?] and Mandisc's[nice wooden flooring]!
WC is simple, drip, drip, drip and sometimes flush...I use this tank's water to change two other tank's water. About 200G WC everyday for all discus tanks. Less now I think because one of the tanks have fry. Yes my Ring Leopard had some babies with my LSS. :hura3:
mandisc wrote:nicely renovated n beautiful resident there stan. :2tubsup:
but an author at 50??? damn , thats way too late! my kids loved ur slidshow. commercial them up and i'm sure they'll beat " sponge bob square pant " hands down. :garv: :garv: :garv:
Ha... I'll make a book that's eye candy with some notes... :2tubsup: Your kids are fun. Love that they make the darndest comments during the NDC. One of them getting jealous because you didn't take him up to the stage! :garv:
stan

chanteloup

Post by chanteloup » 10 Sep 2008, 19:27

Nice tank!! :2tubsup: I'm really jealous of your fish!
mehh...

stanchung
International user

Post by stanchung » 11 Sep 2008, 00:18

Don't be, I've only got 3 Altums left. One pair it seems. Looks very empty at the moment. I had to remove the RSG's because of bullying by the altums. :nothappy: I've also remove the plants. They rotted as expected.

I've got some fancy swordtails in there for them to chase.[some jumped!] I've also added some Inleycypris purpurea and a pleco I can remember what number- looks like a gold nugget but with variation in tone gradation.
stan

Poddan

Post by Poddan » 11 Sep 2008, 08:08

Are you looking for new Wilds to put in the tank?
:-)
[ http://www.ndss.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] [ http://www.l-mal.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] [ http://www.heckel.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ]

stanchung
International user

Post by stanchung » 11 Sep 2008, 12:52

I am currently grooming small altums to succeed these old fellas. Have about 20. Looking good-already a month+ and no losses since the 1st week. :hura3:
stan

Return to “Planted & Display Tanks”