Identify these Heckels ?

Questions, comments, and experiences about wild strains.
catze

Identify these Heckels ?

Post by catze » 06 Feb 2011, 13:27

Hello, I´m new in this forum. Can You help me ? What kind of Heckels these are ? I have been told that those are from Madeira river ..
(sorry about the bad pictures )

Paul
International user

Re: Identify these Heckels ?

Post by Paul » 06 Feb 2011, 14:52

To the best of my knowledge there is no river (or lake) called Madeira in the Amazon region. I'm not very good at regions but these look like Nhamunda to me.
Comfortably numb

Bosse
Styrelse
Styrelse

Post by Bosse » 06 Feb 2011, 17:57

Oh yes Paul - there is a river called Rio Madeira. It´s a very long river starting in Peru or Bolivia and goes north and into Rio Amazonas around 150 km west of Manaus.
I don´t think there are discusfishes in that river but in smaller rivers around.
Perhaps are the discusfishes in the pics from Rio Marimari west of Rio Madeira.

tom meaden
International user

Post by tom meaden » 12 Mar 2011, 21:40

Madeira Heckle.jpg
hi Bosse',
Is this the same fish?
Madeira Heckel Discus (1zd)
This individual is a wild-caught discus. Its invoice name is "Rio Madeira' Heckel".
In the classification of pure wild discus, the biotope of the kind called "Heckel discus" is limited in the neighbourhood of Negro River and its branches (except Rio Branco). Someperson asserts that Heckel discus live in other rivers (for example Rio Trombetas), however it has been always not confirmed that its mentioned discus are truly Heckel or not (such as royal blue).
"Rio Madeira Heckel" is much less recognized even as Heckel's subspecies. That is to say, "Madeira' Heckel" is expedient naming created by persons call so.
However the pattern of stripes & bands of this individual appears rightly to be Heckel. It is human nature in case of such perfection that he would like to call it "Madeira' Heckel" unconsciously.
The difference between this individual and the genuine Heckel is the following. This body's base colore is somewhat yellowish brown and this eye is red, these characteristic is ones of "aequifasciatus" living in the neighbourhood of Rio Solimoes, Rio Madeira, and its branches extensively. (However this photo' individual has been exceptionally changing its ground color from brown to pink lately.) Moreover unfading light blue color of this stripes is not an intimacy with pure wild discus, or rather it seems "turquoise blue". Negro' Heckel is not gaudy, but this individual transform it to gorgeous coloring. This profound mysterious beauty has something in common with the peculiar feeling to "mixed blood beauty".
In recent years, the damp region spread in direction the (south)east of Manaus (the whole area between Nova Olinda and Maues) is changed to a natural vast tank wild discus has been hybridizing there. The discus caught in this region (connected with Rio Madeira, Rio Canuma, Rio marimari, Rio Abacaxis, Rio Maues-acu, and so on, Pa. Uraria is in the center of) is called "Madeira" or lately "Marimari". On the other hand, similar Heckel discus and its hybrids have been caught also in Rio Nhamunda (northside tributary of Rio Amazonas stream down along the province boundary of Amazonas and Para).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To Admire all things natural is a pleasure,to preserve them is a harder task.

Bosse
Styrelse
Styrelse

Post by Bosse » 14 Mar 2011, 10:32

Hi Tom!

Yes I think this is the same fish. I think it is a Marimari Heckel.

tonysdiskus

Post by tonysdiskus » 14 Mar 2011, 17:07

tom meaden wrote:
Madeira Heckle.jpg
hi Bosse',
Is this the same fish?
Madeira Heckel Discus (1zd)
This individual is a wild-caught discus. Its invoice name is "Rio Madeira' Heckel".
In the classification of pure wild discus, the biotope of the kind called "Heckel discus" is limited in the neighbourhood of Negro River and its branches (except Rio Branco). Someperson asserts that Heckel discus live in other rivers (for example Rio Trombetas), however it has been always not confirmed that its mentioned discus are truly Heckel or not (such as royal blue).
"Rio Madeira Heckel" is much less recognized even as Heckel's subspecies. That is to say, "Madeira' Heckel" is expedient naming created by persons call so.
However the pattern of stripes & bands of this individual appears rightly to be Heckel. It is human nature in case of such perfection that he would like to call it "Madeira' Heckel" unconsciously.
The difference between this individual and the genuine Heckel is the following. This body's base colore is somewhat yellowish brown and this eye is red, these characteristic is ones of "aequifasciatus" living in the neighbourhood of Rio Solimoes, Rio Madeira, and its branches extensively. (However this photo' individual has been exceptionally changing its ground color from brown to pink lately.) Moreover unfading light blue color of this stripes is not an intimacy with pure wild discus, or rather it seems "turquoise blue". Negro' Heckel is not gaudy, but this individual transform it to gorgeous coloring. This profound mysterious beauty has something in common with the peculiar feeling to "mixed blood beauty".
In recent years, the damp region spread in direction the (south)east of Manaus (the whole area between Nova Olinda and Maues) is changed to a natural vast tank wild discus has been hybridizing there. The discus caught in this region (connected with Rio Madeira, Rio Canuma, Rio marimari, Rio Abacaxis, Rio Maues-acu, and so on, Pa. Uraria is in the center of) is called "Madeira" or lately "Marimari". On the other hand, similar Heckel discus and its hybrids have been caught also in Rio Nhamunda (northside tributary of Rio Amazonas stream down along the province boundary of Amazonas and Para).
Soooo nice fish !!,,,, :grin:
http://www.tonysdiskus.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.forum.tonysdiskus.se/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/tonysdiskus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mob 0707-804024

Return to “Wild Discus”