Dr. Schmidt-Focke Prize given for the first time in history

Questions, comments, and experiences about wild strains.
Heiko Bleher
International user

Re: Dr. Schmidt-Focke Prize given for the first time in history

Post by Heiko Bleher » 19 Oct 2010, 20:48

Hi all of you great guys,

sorry for seeing this so late, but I was judging in Shanghai, giving seminars and doing again biotope aquariums and just returned this morning...

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH, this is very, very, nice of you. I promise also in the future not to disapoint you all...

And Tom, you know it really got me, I lost my voice, did't know about this and remembered that day so well, like it was yesterday when I came late to his funeral. I was standing alonge on the open grave with the sargophague below and suddelly from the rain undergorund water came in and flooded the entire sargophague - he was even dead in his element, and you know I had just come back from another Amazon expedition with newly collected Greens and he wanted them so badly and had prepared 3 aquariums... his last ones...
He not only saved my life from my 4 kinds of Malaria, but also wrote about be once: "Heiko is normally 2-3 hours late, but when he says he come he always does..." which is very true and one of the (many)stories of my live, sitting almost wekkly when I was home in his fishroom talking discus... inventing improving, learning, teaching, for over 3 decades...It had to touch me...

Thanks again and all the best to all of you,

Heiko
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SuperAquaMan
NDS Member
NDS Member

Post by SuperAquaMan » 19 Oct 2010, 22:13

Is there by any chance fotos to be viewed of the biotopes that you are setting up on the events?
KEEP CALM
AND
KEEP WILD DISCUS

Heiko Bleher
International user

Post by Heiko Bleher » 21 Oct 2010, 19:14

Hi,

thanks again. Yes in a few days we will have the biotopes (and some short videos) of the 4 I did set up in Duisburg and the 3 biotopes I made in Shanghai, from where I just returned a couple of days ago.

All the best
Heiko
http://www.aquapress-bleher.dom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Morten Garathun-Hansen
NDS Member
NDS Member

Post by Morten Garathun-Hansen » 21 Oct 2010, 21:35

Congratulations Heiko

You really deserved this price. I don`t think Dr.Schmidt Focke would have been able to do all these breedings without you giving him the best Discus to work with.

Is there one man I would like to meet which is gone to heaven, it would be Dr.Schmidt Focke

Morten
Image Image

Heiko Bleher
International user

Post by Heiko Bleher » 21 Oct 2010, 23:19

Hi Morton,

thank you very much, very kind of you and I am sure you are right...

I was previledged for him to breed my collected fishes and to send them all over the world so fish-lover could start this what today is really the most asked for aquarium fish - anywhere. And these discus hves brought probably more joy and happiness to many solitary, ordinary as well as other guys and gals around the globe than any other fish. He (we) started a revolution - a never ending story.

If I hopefully finish this year (cancelling what I can) my volume two you will be able to live with him again, very close and in details never published before...wait and see...

B.t.w. you have great discus, congratulations also to you, I wish I had known earlier, could have included in my book... but mayybe if you send me some high res. fotos of your offspring I might still squeeze some in with the needed infoemtion...
let me know.

Always
Heiko

Morten Garathun-Hansen
NDS Member
NDS Member

Post by Morten Garathun-Hansen » 22 Oct 2010, 13:13

Hi Heiko

I am looking forward to read about Dr.Schmidt Focke in your new book. Hopefully I can put it under my Christmas tree as a gift to myself :wink:

Thanks for the compliment about my F1 discus. F2`s is my next goal. I do line breeding to avoid in breeding.

I will send you photos during this weekend.

Regards
Morten
Image Image

Return to “Wild Discus”