Discus collection on Rio Jutai

Questions, comments, and experiences about wild strains.
Dizkuz

Re: Discus collection on Rio Jutai

Post by Dizkuz » 08 Sep 2008, 23:06

Now you have started the story; please let us know the rest.
I'm as a kid now and waiting for a great story, please tell us rest, please :hug1:
No end to Karma, so we should be very careful about our actions
Poff!

Tommy
NDS Member
NDS Member

Post by Tommy » 08 Sep 2008, 23:09

Wow that trip will i make some day. How many days was the trip whit heikoin the amazonas?
:guru: :guru: :guru:

Heiko Bleher
International user

Post by Heiko Bleher » 20 Sep 2008, 18:25

hi,

this is Heiko and I am happy Tom liked the trip and also his discus we collected in this unique habitat of the upper Jutai. I think it was a great expeditions and we saw very unique things, hardly any white man has ever seen. It was very adventures and we had, like it is always in Amazonia, ups and down, but that is Brazil (and Natasha and I got a terrible experience - almost 4 days in prison - after we returned to Manaus it) See:
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/index.p ... e&Itemid=1
One can see a little of the 3 destinations we had (two of those; Leticia &Calderon and the Rio Jutai; was with Tom, Gunnar and two petshop owners from Belgium):
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/index.p ... &Itemid=40
Unfortuntely I cannot show many photos becaus ALL of our material is still in Manaus and we do not know if or when we get it back.
But one who travels with me, must know a few things:
1. i never go were other people go and on everyone on my over 300 amazon expeditions now was always to a new destination, unexplored;
2. One never can count on anything like "time" or "schedule", as ie we had from the Internet the departure to fonto Boa with the Jato once a week on Saturday, and also Asher's son went to chek it and they gave the same info and when i wanted to buy in manaus the ticket, they said ONLY TUESDAY, and I did not wnt to loose 4 days ! So after everyone agreed, we flew to Tabatinga and made a side-expedition to the land of the Ticuna Indians, before we went down the Amazon (Solimoes) to Jutai. I explain this, as I want to show how it goes normally, but I always find a solution and always go to new unexplored places, even if times change, or schedule.
And I think these guys have seen more of the upper Amazon on this trip than any other white person ever...
3. And the prices are normally as scheduled, BUT one has to accept, that there might be a small change - un-voluntary. I.e. we had tickets (I bought) from the weekly flight Fonte Boa to Manaus, but the fu...g Trip-Woman on this airfield house did not accept us, although we been there on the airfield 45 minutes BEFORE the departure and the plane was not even there. She said she has our reservation, but we are to late (she sold our tickets to other people and put tthe money in her pocket). I went to the direction of the company downtown and got the OK and when I returned to the airport, 15 minutes BEFORE departure time, the engines of the plane were already running and i wanted to tal to the captain and show him our confirmation, but two guys hold me and the bitch called the police and they put me in the worst prison for two hours in Fonte Boa (worse than Manaus) because I invaded a commercial airport and than has a 2-year-prison penalty... Only Natasha and an attorney got me out that night and which cost me (and no one else had to pay for that) 4700 Reais (=2000 Euros). The next day we had to wait, but I knew there is a Post-Office flight and the small aircraft pilot who came knew me and wanted an autograph and said he will guarantee to get us to Manaus in time. And he did, that late afternoon, and the flight cost less than what I had paid to Trip.
So these things can happen, and one has to be prepared for such events if he wants to go with me to unique places.
Otherwise fly to Manaus and take a tourist-cruise, there are plenty...but that I have never done and will never do.

Just in short, more to come

always

Heiko

Fanbyalperna

Post by Fanbyalperna » 20 Sep 2008, 21:04

Thanks. Very exciting to read these details. Brings one back to the adventure books from the childhood. :2tubsup:
Hälsningar/Regards
Christer

tjen

Post by tjen » 20 Sep 2008, 22:28

Hi All
Here can you see there the Discus habitat was, as you can see we will never find Discus in the main river.
Good to see you here Heiko, you can write it better as I can do it.
Tom Jensen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

manitu
International user

Post by manitu » 30 Mar 2009, 15:35

hi there

i can only say amazing lovely pictures :2tubsup: :2tubsup: :2tubsup: ,one day i hopefully be collecting my own fish

but how are youre discus doing ?

can we see pictures of them in their aquarium

regards

gerald

tjen

Post by tjen » 02 Apr 2009, 06:36

Hi
I will thy to take some photo nekst week.
Best Regards.
Tom
manitu wrote:hi there

i can only say amazing lovely pictures :2tubsup: :2tubsup: :2tubsup: ,one day i hopefully be collecting my own fish

but how are youre discus doing ?

can we see pictures of them in their aquarium

regards

gerald

manitu
International user

Post by manitu » 19 Apr 2009, 16:17

when is next week :hello3:

tjen

Post by tjen » 19 Apr 2009, 23:46

manitu wrote:when is next week :hello3:
Sorry I have not forgot you.
I've been with teams in the back, so I can not take photos of the aquarium.
Since I can not get that far down and take pictures.
Then my back is ok will I take photo.
Best Regards.
Tom

tjen

Post by tjen » 30 Jun 2009, 23:48

Hi
My back is okay now.
Sorry you must wait so long time.
DSC_0971web.jpg
DSC_0972web.jpg
DSC_0973web.jpg
DSC_0974web.jpg
DSC_0976web.jpg
Tom Jensen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Wild Discus”