Sustainable fishing by Hudson

Questions, comments, and experiences about wild strains.
AmirA

Re: Sustainable fishing by Hudson

Post by AmirA » 25 Nov 2013, 23:53

Great work you are doing Hudson. I only wish that your government, and other governments, had a heart like yours. :respect: :2tubsup:
And also, thanks for sharing information and pictures in this thread.
I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me - Isaac Newton

HEKDISCUS
International user

Post by HEKDISCUS » 26 Nov 2013, 14:01

Thhank you friends.

Thank you my friends.

I also started a political work, and awareness for the Ministry of Fisheries in Brazil, and I reinforce the importance of support and activity modification collection of ornamental fish, many companies do not like my work, and prefer to fish without standards and rules, and not worry about the future, do not think that the next generations, our children and grandchildren also need to know these fish, and also make use of this important natural resource
I'm being hated by some companies find it easier to fish without rules and controls, removing large volumes of fish
some pictures of my meeting with the Minister of Fisheries in Brazil

Last edited by HEKDISCUS on 26 Nov 2013, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

Einarsson

Post by Einarsson » 26 Nov 2013, 14:03

Wish more people could care for the nature the way you do. You're setting a good example for everyone!

HEKDISCUS
International user

Post by HEKDISCUS » 26 Nov 2013, 14:58

I'll show some official documents, which certify the seriousness of my work with national parks where I have permission to fish.
Only my company in Brazil received autorisação for these sites, but some other companies circumvent the law and can buy from poachers, and thereby stimulate illegal, and out of correct practices.

I challenge any other company in Brazil, shows here the same work or official certificates, the Brazilian Government

it's sad but it happens, but I do my part to help preserve and sustain our passion for this wonderful fish

ImageImage

The Journal of Manaus, also talks about the beginning of my work, where the cartel of Manaus companies offered a value of u $ 2.50 per fish without selection and discretion, and H & K was the only company that offered training and prices of u$ 8,00 to 40.00 $ for each fish selected with the lowest value for common and small fish in 2010 , today th eprices is 15,00 to 70,00 each and all cost of transport is mine .

Today some fishermen receive up to $ 100.00 for a good fish that get higher prices in Asian markets,

But most important is that the appreciation of the work of the fisherman also helps to preserve and makes sustainable activity for all involved.

Last edited by HEKDISCUS on 26 Nov 2013, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

Bosse
Styrelse
Styrelse

Post by Bosse » 26 Nov 2013, 15:11

Thank you for taking the time for us at this forum and the Nordic Discus Siciety. Now I´m really looking forward to see the fishes arriving in the beginning of December.

HEKDISCUS
International user

Post by HEKDISCUS » 26 Nov 2013, 15:15

A very pleasant moment is being able to travel and teach these people a little about how keep the correctly fish and select the fish, and how to care for it so they can ensure some income and thereby improve their lives

making some boxes to store the fish in the lakes

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

HEKDISCUS
International user

Post by HEKDISCUS » 26 Nov 2013, 15:19

Bosse wrote:Thank you for taking the time for us at this forum and the Nordic Discus Siciety. Now I´m really looking forward to see the fishes arriving in the beginning of December.
Hello my dier friend ,I hope you're well, with much health, I hope to see you in 2014 in Malmo.

I am daily taking care of all the fish and hopefully reach perfect in Sweden :tumme2:

Thank you

Hudson'

lofstrog

Post by lofstrog » 26 Nov 2013, 15:30

Bosse wrote:Thank you for taking the time for us at this forum and the Nordic Discus Siciety. Now I´m really looking forward to see the fishes arriving in the beginning of December.
I couldn't agree more, Bosse! Really looking forward to se the fishes from your trip. Also lokking forward to some sustainable fished Heckel from Paunini :heart5: :hura3:

Here is a video from Rio Unini: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi6l4NRAXFM

HEKDISCUS
International user

Post by HEKDISCUS » 26 Nov 2013, 15:31

Jutai river

Fish tanks to use in the river

Fishery

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

lofstrog

Post by lofstrog » 26 Nov 2013, 15:44

Hudson,
Thank you for taking time telling us about your way of working and thank you for all the fantastic pictures that you share with us.

I stumbled over this fantastic sequense of pictures from the area of Lake Amana. Hope you don't mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfXdbLmobpI

Return to “Wild Discus”