Sustainable fishing by Hudson

Questions, comments, and experiences about wild strains.
lofstrog

Post by lofstrog » 20 Nov 2013, 23:04

Hi Hudson
Can you please tell us about witch sustainable fishing projects that you parcipitate in.

I found this tread on SimplyDiscus where you reports from the sustainable fishing in Rio Unini Rio Unini

lofstrog

Post by lofstrog » 20 Nov 2013, 23:38

An article about the sustainable fishing in Rio Purus and Lake Ayapua: http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com ... al-fish-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

lofstrog

Post by lofstrog » 20 Nov 2013, 23:42

A tread from Simplydiscus about the fishing in Lake Ayapua: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthrea ... pua-Discus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HEKDISCUS
International user

Re: Sustainable fishing by Hudson

Post by HEKDISCUS » 21 Nov 2013, 13:39

Dear friends

Thank you for the invitation to talk about sustainable fishing in Brazil, I'll organize some documents to show and also try to explain how I managed to develop this important way to sustainable fishing and trade fair for Nature, fishermen, companys , and consumer markets.

My English is not good, I am a stupid , and should write better, I apologize, but I will try my best to tell you guys friends and fans of my work

please wait a little longer, I'm taking care of hundreds of DISCUS in my quarantine tanks , and it consumes me many hours daily, but u dedicate a few hours for this tred :hello3:

Hudson Crizanto

AmirA

Post by AmirA » 21 Nov 2013, 13:50

No need to apologize Hudson. We understand you fully :2tubsup:
Keep up the good work :respect:
I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me - Isaac Newton

Einarsson

Post by Einarsson » 21 Nov 2013, 14:04

Just want to thank you (and all the others who do the same of course) for the wonderful work you're doing to ensure a healthy relationship with the wonderful Amazonas. Keep it up!

lofstrog

Post by lofstrog » 21 Nov 2013, 15:47

Hudson,
I must say that you are doing things in the right order. First taking care of discus soon to be delivered to Sweden, among other places, and then writing about the sustainable fishing projects your involved in.

Best regards,
Roger

HEKDISCUS
International user

Post by HEKDISCUS » 25 Nov 2013, 21:21

Hello friends ,

Finally I start this tred .

I started with sales sornamentais fish in 1989 for the domestic market in Brazil , in 1996 , I started to export .
between 1996 and 2000 , I tried to sell wild discus , but the international market , was not so good, I I researched the cause , and the reason has always been the poor quality , and exporting companies in Brazil did not send quarantined fish , complaints were in all countries .

Looking at this picture, nothing exciting , I decided to work with quarantined and started again with discus discus in 2005 , began to offer quarantined fish and get some customers in many countries on different continents , but I still had a major problem , which was to modify the system traditional , archaic, and explorer and nothing beneficial to nature and Fishermen fishing .

Fishermen fished without training and that endangered the species , fished thousands of fish and stocked with no discretion and no quality , and companies paying low prices which made the fisherman a kind of slave to this activity.

Knowing all this problematic I started doing a different job in the region of Alenquer but my competitors did not like my work , teaching and trying to change the minds of a new era for fishermen fishing for discus
Established a motto and a main idea , sustainable fishing to nature, for fishermen and businesses the three pillars , Environmental , social and economic.

In 2009 I attended the aqua Amazonia fair in Manaus and there I met some researchers from IMPA, Institute for Research in the Amazon, who were with the same idea and just wanted to develop this platform for nature, fishermen and businesses.
Researchers have had several research papers and were developing many other studies with populations of discus from the lakes of Purus river and lake Ayapuá , Dozens of scientific papers have been made,
  and all published, and it had a scientific support to start work on sustainable fishing in Ayapuá Lake, the first lake.
:tumme2:

HEKDISCUS
International user

Post by HEKDISCUS » 25 Nov 2013, 21:32

The government of Brazil has supported us with this new idea and granted us with exclusive authorization to fish in areas of national parks.
but the most difficult was to teach fishermen and modify all the old structure of wrong and harmful practices.

Train fishermen, teach select fish and respect the nature rovides feature that was the first step

lofstrog

Post by lofstrog » 25 Nov 2013, 21:37

Tank you Hudson for letting us know how it all started.
Looking forward to read more about your sustainable fishing projects and the areas where you make it happen.
Feel free to write some more whenever you got time.
Keep up the good work!

Return to “Wild Discus”