my fishroom

Share your pictures with us here!
mandisc
International user

my fishroom

Post by mandisc » 01 Dec 2007, 18:12

hi all again, :mrgreen:
just like to share my huge investment on my hobby as a discus lover/nuttie/fannatic/xioa kaki you name it. :lol:
as land and space is very sacred here in singapore , living in an apartment is a norm. as for me ( a happy family of four ), sacrificing a room in our tiny apartment is a humongus decission that i have made with of course blessing and support from my beloved wife. ;)
here , as a hobbyist , i would like to share pic of my fishroom and also hope that veryone can continue posting pics of your own individual fishroom and maybe we can share info or tips on how to improve or maintain our fishroom in a proper way suitable for our precious discus. :D
grattis in advance for viewing and hope more will continue posting or even add some comments or opinions. cheers. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
best regards , mandisc
discus home breeding hobbyist

Poddan

Re: my fishroom

Post by Poddan » 01 Dec 2007, 18:46

Looks like you have a clean setup there.

How many litres do you have?
:-)
[ http://www.ndss.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] [ http://www.l-mal.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] [ http://www.heckel.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ]

kaj.p
.Admin.
.Admin.

Post by kaj.p » 01 Dec 2007, 19:11

Agree with Poddan very nice and cleen. :) Where do u prepair your water? It must be some liter per day ;) I mean it cant be easy to have one big tank in a apartment or do u use RO water?

mandisc
International user

Post by mandisc » 01 Dec 2007, 19:40

hi kaj p , poddan,
thanks . as the fishroom is just facing my living room , cleanliness is my top priority. nevertheless the discus health and well being is upmost. :D

as you can see at the top right corner of the pic, the two blue colour cannister contains carbon filter meant to filter away unwanted fine particles from my water source. due to space constrain , i have no water storage tank to store water and only use direct piped water that are supplied to each individual household. :D to remove chlorine / chloramine and ammonia i add a few drops of liquid prime seachem. no heater required , only some aerations from a hiblow -piped connected to each individual tank . i only use sponge filter for each individual tank and do a 100% WC daily. sometimes on my off days, do twice 100% WC for juvs in grow up tanks. :mrgreen:
best regards , mandisc

Matte_g

Post by Matte_g » 01 Dec 2007, 20:10

Hi

Real nice set up..
More pictures... :D

Dizkuz

Post by Dizkuz » 01 Dec 2007, 20:18

Nice setup u got there.

Wish i had the same blessing from my wife to do this in our living room... :roll:
It will never happen :mrgreen:
No end to Karma, so we should be very careful about our actions
Poff!

mandisc
International user

Post by mandisc » 01 Dec 2007, 22:03

Dizkuz wrote:Nice setup u got there.

Wish i had the same blessing from my wife to do this in our living room... :roll:
It will never happen :mrgreen:
hi danne,
its in a room facing the living room.
well, as the local saying goes "women are like stone, we men should talk to them like water. with every drips they will cave in"
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
best regards , mandisc

reptar
International user

Post by reptar » 02 Dec 2007, 07:59

Hey mandisc,
Very nice set up and I wish you all the luck with the wooden floor.
Mario

:help: :help: :help: when you have a leaky tank.

mandisc
International user

Post by mandisc » 02 Dec 2007, 08:05

reptar wrote:Hey mandisc,
Very nice set up and I wish you all the luck with the wooden floor.
Mario

:help: :help: :help: when you have a leaky tank.
hey mario,
thanks for the reminder, thats when handy mandisc comes in handy. :hex1:
best regards , mandisc

tonysdiskus

Post by tonysdiskus » 02 Dec 2007, 12:22

Hello very nice setup !!

You must have a very nice
mandisc wrote:hi all again, :mrgreen:
just like to share my huge investment on my hobby as a discus lover/nuttie/fannatic/xioa kaki you name it. :lol:
as land and space is very sacred here in singapore , living in an apartment is a norm. as for me ( a happy family of four ), sacrificing a room in our tiny apartment is a humongus decission that i have made with of course blessing and support from my beloved wife. ;)
here , as a hobbyist , i would like to share pic of my fishroom and also hope that veryone can continue posting pics of your own individual fishroom and maybe we can share info or tips on how to improve or maintain our fishroom in a proper way suitable for our precious discus. :D
grattis in advance for viewing and hope more will continue posting or even add some comments or opinions. cheers. :D
Hello very nice setup !!

You must have a very kind hearted girlfriend that allow you to have a small breeding factory att home :D
I wonder one ting about the the temperature in your tanks.Do you you use any kind of heaters. I cant se any.
if not what temperature is in the tanks.It must be very hot in the apartment.

I have just built up a new house and a specialarea for my discus.Because of the cold winters here in sweden we must use heaters.But i have tried an outher way and that way is to heat upp the hole area with my heating system.I heet up the floor with a special system and than i have about 27 degreas in the rooms.But i think you have the heat free, because of your climate ?

Tony
http://www.tonysdiskus.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.forum.tonysdiskus.se/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/tonysdiskus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mob 0707-804024

Return to “Photo Gallery”