Breeding Red Cover F1

Tips, tricks, and questions about breeding discus.
moltrup32

Re: Breeding Red Cover F1

Post by moltrup32 » 19 Jul 2008, 23:47

Andrew, the parents have never shown just a tiny shady stressbar, at the moment they are at my dads place, and I dont have any new photos. I have a photo from when I had just recieved them. It is the same pair :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dizkuz

Post by Dizkuz » 19 Jul 2008, 23:53

Very nice pair from wayne i most say... Me like a lot :heart5: And i like that the male is red as well, :2tubsup:
Have you heard the story of the brown RC males , Mine is females as well :garv:
Waynes line is high quality in did,
No end to Karma, so we should be very careful about our actions
Poff!

Andrew Soh
International user

Post by Andrew Soh » 20 Jul 2008, 01:43

Though the discus in the photo are in pair, it is a surprise to me that the male is also a full solid red :confus1: or so-called 'Belly red'!!!!! They are not two solid red pair of females are they? :stick:

If the male is that red, it is one in a 100 or even one in a thousand.....wowww...worth a lot of money. I would pay two thousand dollars for that male :hura3:alone and a few hundreds for the common Red cover. Wayne must have some da-- good Red cover :hura3: :hura3: :hura3: Keep up the good work :2tubsup: .

It is also impossible for you not to get some pure breed of Red cover from such a pair that look like the above. :confus1: unless the ones you are breeding are not Red Cover or that one of the parents is not red cover. :tumbdown:

This is not :nono: to say that you did not get the correct shipment from the seller. It could be that you could have used a parent from a different red strain or from different source, resulting in the change in phenotype. As I see from your previous page one photos, the brown has a very strong stress-bar over the eye (3rd photo)....which is not the expression of the Red Cover. Maybe you have used it to cross the red cover????? or :dontknow: :confus1:

Take care,
Andrew :hura3:
'Discus, Problems and Solutions'
'Discus, The Naked Truth'
thruststhatlast
Author
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... p?ref=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andrew Soh
International user

Post by Andrew Soh » 20 Jul 2008, 04:19

Sorry, made a reply but did not answer your initial question.

I think you should keep some of every 'strain' of the siblings. The very red...possible female....the less red...possible male...and the ghost to cross back to the red in the future if you like........ :2tubsup:

Take care,
thruststhatlast
Author
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... p?ref=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

moltrup32

Post by moltrup32 » 21 Jul 2008, 00:28

Andrew Soh wrote:Though the discus in the photo are in pair, it is a surprise to me that the male is also a full solid red :confus1: or so-called 'Belly red'!!!!! They are not two solid red pair of females are they? :stick:

If the male is that red, it is one in a 100 or even one in a thousand.....wowww...worth a lot of money. I would pay two thousand dollars for that male :hura3:alone and a few hundreds for the common Red cover. Wayne must have some da-- good Red cover :hura3: :hura3: :hura3: Keep up the good work :2tubsup: .

It is also impossible for you not to get some pure breed of Red cover from such a pair that look like the above. :confus1: unless the ones you are breeding are not Red Cover or that one of the parents is not red cover. :tumbdown:

This is not :nono: to say that you did not get the correct shipment from the seller. It could be that you could have used a parent from a different red strain or from different source, resulting in the change in phenotype. As I see from your previous page one photos, the brown has a very strong stress-bar over the eye (3rd photo)....which is not the expression of the Red Cover. Maybe you have used it to cross the red cover????? or :dontknow: :confus1:

Take care,
1. I hope you understand me Andrew. Regarding the red male, it turned brown after a few month. Look at page one picture one and 2, it is the same pair, but the male has turned brown. I only have this red cover pair, and no one else. Solid colored... ha ha ha solid brown male :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately you are totally wrong about the ofspring of the pair :confus1: 425 youngsters, and not a single red cover... All of them with the stressbars across the eye :stick: The brown you mentioned (3rd photo) is offspring from the pair first bach, and is not ready to breed yet :roll:

Poddan

Post by Poddan » 21 Jul 2008, 00:34

Hello Moltrup :hello3:

Did you buy the parents as adults?
:-)
[ http://www.ndss.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] [ http://www.l-mal.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] [ http://www.heckel.se" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ]

moltrup32

Post by moltrup32 » 21 Jul 2008, 00:48

Poddan wrote:Hello Moltrup :hello3:

Did you buy the parents as adults?
Yes, the picture above (page 4), shows the pair just a few days after I had bought them.

Andrew Soh
International user

Post by Andrew Soh » 21 Jul 2008, 04:05

Sorry Moltrup,

I overlooked the 3rd photoon page on. Yes, you indicated that that was a young fish :blush3:

Anyway, if both parents are Red Cover...then you have to check with Wayne the rationale behind the result....why 425 younsters and not a single looks like Red Cover? I don't know the unique reason. Maybe if you were to inbreed the F1....you might just get back some Red Cover in F2. :dontknow:

***Whether the male is coloured or not, it is quite impossible for the male to express as much red as the female. So if that male can be coloured to as strong red as the female, then you are very lucky and that male is worth money. You can see that in most competition, all Red-Covers are females....why????

Take care,
thruststhatlast
Author

NADI

Post by NADI » 21 Jul 2008, 19:22

Yes, Andrew, he as to cross the F1 back to the parent to get real Red Cover.
I have toll him this before, but I think Moltrup thinks I am kidding him.

Wayne make the parent from a back cross whit a RED ghost.
The parent are competition quality, I hope Moltrup now this, but ho knows :garv:

Andrew Soh
International user

Post by Andrew Soh » 22 Jul 2008, 03:31

Yes, you are right, Nadi...

But :confus1: ......but since Moltrup did not get a single Red Cover from the F1s, it should literally means that 99% of chances that one of the parents he used to cross is not a Red Cover. :dontknow:

Take care,
thruststhatlast
Author

Return to “Breeding Discus”