Breeding Red Cover F1

Tips, tricks, and questions about breeding discus.
moltrup32

Re: Breeding Red Cover F1

Post by moltrup32 » 20 Aug 2008, 09:05

Andrew Soh wrote:No harm trying :dontknow: with Nadi or use the golden to cross with the mother.

Because the red is X-linked.......(usually the female can be induced very red), it is better to use the female parent to cross with a male from the golden-like colour offspring. That is the best.

Using the male parent to cross with the golden-like female offspring may not be the best option.

Take care,
Andrew
Red=x linked. Ok, that was new to me too :confus1: I would definately have used the male, because I think the males will accept a small female better than the other way around. The female isnt exactly small, in comparassing to the F1s.
Great and wery usefull info Andrew. Thanks a lot buddy :hug1:

NADI

Post by NADI » 20 Aug 2008, 11:56

Moltrup the red X link is ind all red discus. Thats why the females are more red then the males. :tumme2:

Andrew Soh
International user

Post by Andrew Soh » 20 Aug 2008, 14:23

Well my friend Moltrup,

Feed all the males with pro-more @ high dose and I am sure handle even bigger females....even if the females are mammoth size.....ha!ha!ha! :garv: :garv: :garv: :hura3: :hura3: :hura3:

I am quite sure this combination will give very good result. :2tubsup: :2tubsup: :2tubsup: :2tubsup: :2tubsup: :2tubsup:

Take care,
Andrew :hura3:
'Discus, Problems and Solutions'
'Discus, The Naked Truth'
thruststhatlast
Author
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... p?ref=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

moltrup32

Post by moltrup32 » 21 Aug 2008, 16:15

Andrew Soh wrote:Well my friend Moltrup,

Feed all the males with pro-more @ high dose and I am sure handle even bigger females....even if the females are mammoth size.....ha!ha!ha! :garv: :garv: :garv: :hura3: :hura3: :hura3:

I am quite sure this combination will give very good result. :2tubsup: :2tubsup: :2tubsup: :2tubsup: :2tubsup: :2tubsup:

Take care,
Andrew :hura3:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well that could be one more experiment :lol: :lol: But 200 is almost to many already, and with pro more... :cool: :lol:

Boris I can figure that out now, just never thought of it before :2tubsup:

Andrew Soh
International user

Post by Andrew Soh » 21 Aug 2008, 18:16

Boris I can figure that out now, just never thought of it before
Hey Multrup, mind sharing? :dontknow:

Andrew
thruststhatlast
Author
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... p?ref=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

moltrup32

Post by moltrup32 » 22 Aug 2008, 01:20

Sorry, was referring to the red colour beeing x linked :blush3:

Andrew Soh
International user

Post by Andrew Soh » 22 Aug 2008, 02:49

O.K. :2tubsup:

Andrew
thruststhatlast
Author

moltrup32

Post by moltrup32 » 26 Aug 2008, 01:56

This night after a water change with cold water, there were shaking and showing off all over the tank, and look at the bar across the eye :eek: It is nearly not showing any more. Off course it will come and go away again, but still interesting :confus1:

Especially the ghost is interesting as I have only one left it is easy to compare with the previus photo :2tubsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moltrup32

Post by moltrup32 » 26 Aug 2008, 02:00

But also the bar on this "red ghost" is not nearly as visible :2tubsup: And I havent used carophyll pink yet :2tubsup: It should be in the mail tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Breeding Discus”