Filter

Questions and information about water and water quality.
Matte_g

Filter

Post by Matte_g » 09 Jan 2008, 22:12

What kind of filters are you using??

I know Mario have been showing of he`s filter system at DXK, really impressive!!
I'm about to buy a new aquarium 1120L and i think i will use a similar system like Mario please give me some pointers on what to do!!

http://www.discus.com.my/phpbb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

reptar
International user

Re: Filter

Post by reptar » 16 Jan 2008, 06:52

Matte_g wrote:What kind of filters are you using??

I know Mario have been showing of he`s filter system at DXK, really impressive!!
I'm about to buy a new aquarium 1120L and i think i will use a similar system like Mario please give me some pointers on what to do!!

http://www.discus.com.my/phpbb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Hi Matte,
What would you like to know, send me a PM will you.
Mario

;) ;) ;)

Janne Josefsson

Post by Janne Josefsson » 16 Jan 2008, 10:37

Hi Mario!

I'm also locking for a good solution, my thought was to have some kind of centralised. A kind of super-filter whit protein-skimmer an some kind of zeolites filtration. I have locking ind pond solutions, but i don't know how effective the are. Somewhere i find picture of your solution, i been told that it has been working 25 years. Do you have any pics off your solution? perhaps share some tips?

Cheers
Janne

seanyuki
International user

Post by seanyuki » 11 Feb 2008, 19:05

I am using two Hydro 5 sponge filters for my 75 gallons tank with a daily water change of 80%.
Just curious by using the sponge filters connected to a air pump and running it at full blast then it will become more like
a mechanical way. If running the sponge filter connected to a air pump and running it an moderate flow then it becomes more
biological filter.That's why I am using two sponge filters in one tank. One for mechanical and the other for biological . :dontknow:
Please share your opinions. :shys:

Cheers
Francis

Matte_g

Post by Matte_g » 04 Mar 2008, 19:04

seanyuki wrote:I am using two Hydro 5 sponge filters for my 75 gallons tank with a daily water change of 80%.
Just curious by using the sponge filters connected to a air pump and running it at full blast then it will become more like
a mechanical way. If running the sponge filter connected to a air pump and running it an moderate flow then it becomes more
biological filter.That's why I am using two sponge filters in one tank. One for mechanical and the other for biological . :dontknow:
Please share your opinions. :shys:

Cheers
Francis

Good point haven't thought about the sponge filter that way.
I use only sponge filters but i do a PP treatment once a week at 2ppm and i clean the filters in pp each time so i don't think they work as a biological filter anyway.
I do 100% WC/day.

stanchung
International user

Post by stanchung » 12 Mar 2008, 10:31

Since I'm lazy, I use drip/overflow + air stone and a filter box fed by a small powerhead. :blush3:
stan
http://www.discus.com.my > timbalan administrasi dxk :D

moltrup32

Post by moltrup32 » 13 Mar 2008, 01:03

Matte_g wrote:

Good point haven't thought about the sponge filter that way.
I use only sponge filters but i do a PP treatment once a week at 2ppm and i clean the filters in pp each time so i don't think they work as a biological filter anyway.
I do 100% WC/day.
Wow Matte, pp once a week sounds wild to me, please explain the reason for it. If the fish are free from bakteria i dont see the reason for it?

Return to “Water Quality”