Water level

Questions and information about water and water quality.
Dizkuz

Water level

Post by Dizkuz » 01 Dec 2007, 00:15

I have a question about water, not water quality but for outgrow youngsters.
I have seen many breeders have a low water level in there growing tanks and i saw some where that some one said that its because low water reduce the pressure on discus and make them grow faster n bigger...

For me its sounds weird and never heard it before but the thing is many breeders have low water in there tanks and i have to ask if someone can give me a good answer for this....

Weird question :D But need to know..
No end to Karma, so we should be very careful about our actions
Poff!

Strixxx

Re: Water level

Post by Strixxx » 01 Dec 2007, 00:27

I wouldnt call that a stupid question, I would like to see an answer to this.... and probably if you didnt ask I would ...
Just the type of question that could come from me!! :P
"No bullshit here"

Conny Nilsson

Dizkuz

Post by Dizkuz » 01 Dec 2007, 00:51

Strixxx wrote:I wouldnt call that a stupid question, I would like to see an answer to this.... and probably if you didnt ask I would ...
Just the type of question that could come from me!! :P
True :D

But the thing with low water level on photos has always made me wonder...
Poff!

mandisc
International user

Post by mandisc » 01 Dec 2007, 06:06

hi guys,
just from my personal experience and observations. lowering the water level have many reasons to it. here are some that i can think of but please correct me if i'm wrong or just add any if you think appropriate.
1. for albino frys/juvs - by lowering water level will help them find their parents or food better as albinos have poor eye vision.
2. for breeding pair - by lowering water level the pair can consentrate more on the eggs/wrigglers rather than swimming around or the front part of the tank just thinking to protect their spawn.
3 . for juvs to grow up - well if the tank space is wide enough , lowering the water level makes them close to their food thus making them eat more rather than swimming around aimlessly. also it is more economical to do frequent WC with low water level than full tank water level. :mrgreen:

all said , to grow up nice and healthy discus, the volume of water per fish should not be minimal.the more water volume per fish the better. ;)
best regards , mandisc
discus home breeding hobbyist

Dizkuz

Post by Dizkuz » 01 Dec 2007, 11:48

mandisc wrote:hi guys,
just from my personal experience and observations. lowering the water level have many reasons to it. here are some that i can think of but please correct me if i'm wrong or just add any if you think appropriate.
1. for albino frys/juvs - by lowering water level will help them find their parents or food better as albinos have poor eye vision.
2. for breeding pair - by lowering water level the pair can consentrate more on the eggs/wrigglers rather than swimming around or the front part of the tank just thinking to protect their spawn.
3 . for juvs to grow up - well if the tank space is wide enough , lowering the water level makes them close to their food thus making them eat more rather than swimming around aimlessly. also it is more economical to do frequent WC with low water level than full tank water level. :mrgreen:

all said , to grow up nice and healthy discus, the volume of water per fish should not be minimal.the more water volume per fish the better. ;)

Hi there Mandisc

"3 . for juvs to grow up - well if the tank space is wide enough , lowering the water level makes them close to their food thus making them eat more rather than swimming around aimlessly. also it is more economical to do frequent WC with low water level than full tank water level."

Economical point of view is the on that i thought would be the reason for the low water level...
So the water pressure on youngster is just bull s--t as i thought:D it have never add up for me at all, to weird i have to say...

Thanks Mandisc
Poff!

reptar
International user

Post by reptar » 02 Dec 2007, 00:31

Hi everybody,
Well said mandisc, don't forget too that the young fish do require proper minerals in the water for better growth.
Mario

Matte_g

Post by Matte_g » 02 Dec 2007, 00:34

reptar wrote:Hi everybody,
Well said mandisc, don't forget too that the young fish do require proper minerals in the water for better growth.
Mario
Hi
Nice to see you here Mario!!
What minerals do you refer to??

Dizkuz

Post by Dizkuz » 02 Dec 2007, 00:37

reptar wrote:Hi everybody,
Mario
Hi there Mario and welcome
Hope u will enjoy our new swe forum, hope too see u around here! :crasy:
Please feel free to share some from your collection :dregel:
Poff!

reptar
International user

Post by reptar » 02 Dec 2007, 01:25

Dizkuz wrote:
Hi there Mario and welcome
Hope u will enjoy our new swe forum, hope too see u around here! :crasy:
Please feel free to share some from your collection :dregel:
Hi Dizkuz,
It is a nice forum but it takes time to get members, etc. and thank you very much for the word of welcome.
I don't have much but still learning from the hobby.
Mario

mandisc
International user

Post by mandisc » 02 Dec 2007, 07:49

mario,
that is the most favourite fish in the whole wide world that you got in your avatar. always eager to know about their latest development. :2tubsup:
best regards , mandisc
discus home breeding hobbyist

Return to “Water Quality”