What it is?

Here we look at some nasty bugs
Gajowa
International user

What it is?

Post by Gajowa » 08 Aug 2008, 20:49

Hi
I am curious, what it is. Are this eggs of some parasite?
I found this first in the poo of 3 weeks old baby discus. I tought this are undigested crab eggs I was feeding the babies with.
But now I am not so sure. Youngsters are now 6 m-ths old ( 12-13 cm) and I found that again. At this age, I am not feeding them with crab eggs. We have now 4 different spawns of young babies and I didn't feed them eggs at all, but I am finding this in the poo's :confus1:
Any idea what it could be? Youngsters are growing well, have huge apetite, no sign of illness at all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barbara
member of the Polish Club of Discus Lovers http://www.pkmd.pl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gep

Re: What it is?

Post by gep » 08 Aug 2008, 23:44

Parasite egg if i had make a guess, the fish might sustained some amount of immunity against the parasite so it shits out the egg, but i really don't now :confus1: :confus1: :confus1: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

christinag

Post by christinag » 10 Nov 2008, 03:20

I do not think they are worms eggs or cysts (Coracidium), theese look different.

They mostly remind me of a freshly dropped Trophont, respectively a Tomit (the one with the "crystals" in it) coming from the Whitespotdisease, but why would these be found in the poo? :confus1:

My guess is as good as yours :grin:

Hi from Christina G
Jag är inte en komplett idiot, det fattas några delar

christinag

Post by christinag » 13 Nov 2008, 00:33

This just came into my mind: A cyanobacteria called Coelosphaerium kuetzingianum is also of similar appearance. Perhaps the fish have eaten some of those, and they have passed the intestines undigested?

Greetings from Christina G
Jag är inte en komplett idiot, det fattas några delar

Andrew Soh
International user

Post by Andrew Soh » 29 Dec 2008, 13:51

Let me guess:

That is an oil or fatty stuff....or micro oil drop that is very common in diet high in oil...like beefheart, pork heart r any animal meal. :2tubsup:

Don't worry too much. Only when there is a lot getting clogged on the gill filaments or an intestine excessively full of them (oil molecule) will they be of concern.

Take care,
Andrew
'Discus, Problems and Solutions'
'Discus, The Naked Truth'
thruststhatlast
Author
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... p?ref=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Under The Microscope”