What are we?

christinag

What are we?

Post by christinag » 31 May 2008, 22:21

Perhaps I could get some help with sexing these three guys? Would much appreciate it.
BTW: Exposure is defect, colour not representative.
PS - they just moved, so they haven´t started to eat in their new tank yet (second week) :cry:
/Christina G
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by christinag on 31 May 2008, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
Jag är inte en komplett idiot, det fattas några delar

Dizkuz

Re: What are we?

Post by Dizkuz » 31 May 2008, 22:30

Hi there christina!
Maybe better to take a photo the gentiles, convex, concave :2tubsup:
Im suck on this do :blush3:
No end to Karma, so we should be very careful about our actions
Poff!

christinag

Post by christinag » 31 May 2008, 22:43

I asked them, but they wouldnt allow me to do so! :blush3: The move after me, regardless what I do in front of them ... Nosy little critters ... Anyway, I think they are either three girls or two girls and one boy. One of the "girls" ist pushing her nose up and down the filter now, last week they were mock-fighting each other, but I dont really think anything is going on. And it will take weeks before i develop the next film (sorry, I´m not digitalized yet ...).

Greetings from Christina G

Dizkuz

Post by Dizkuz » 31 May 2008, 22:54

Maybe get your self a update,,, do u use VHS and still listening too "Blandband" in the car and the walkman still running? :garv: :garv: :garv:
Sorry Christina! couldnt get that one slip me by :blush3: :hug1:

Maybe Andrew will explain so u will see the different 100% :2tubsup:
No end to Karma, so we should be very careful about our actions
Poff!

christinag

Post by christinag » 31 May 2008, 23:33

Ha ha ... BTW I just repaired an old recordplayer, guess who was jeleaous (my neighbour, listening to the Beatles original records from afar ... :tumme2:

Ijust have to share this: I just inspected the little ba...rds, to see if there was anything visible to take a photo of...but as expected, the lights went off and I didn´t want to disturb them any further. But just before the lights went off, I SAW SOMETHING :shock: :eek: :roll: They must be REALLY SICK, these guys ... The have klobbered the life out of Mr and Mrs Pelviacromis and kidnapped their children! :madgreen: And now they are moping around as if they owned the tank (they do, of course) looking like nothing has happened, having a picknick with their offspring! Yeah, RIGHT, as if anyone believed that ... :garv: :garv: :garv: The babies seem to be happy :confus1: What should I do, should I free the hostage??? Or What? I have left a night-lamp on in the room, in any case :confus1: :confus1: :confus1:

Greetings from shortcut diskus(?)breeder Christina G

PS
Swedish bred discus, anyone? Cheep price, only today! They grow really fast too and eat very little .... :garv:

Andrew Soh
International user

Post by Andrew Soh » 01 Jun 2008, 12:02

Could see clearly the genital area....Christina. So cannot confirm.

Danne is right....it would be easier to sex if the genital is in full side view without the pelvic fins blocking.

Anyway, if that is the colour of your discus, I think you need to clean up the tank and improve the diet of your discus. They are not looking well and vibrant. :tumbdown:

Are you not using a digital camera? :confus1:

Take care,
Andrew :hura3:
'Discus, Problems and Solutions'
'Discus, The Naked Truth'
thruststhatlast
Author
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... p?ref=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

christinag

Post by christinag » 01 Jun 2008, 14:44

Andrew Soh wrote:Could see clearly the genital area....Christina. So cannot confirm.
Hi Andrew!
Ha ha, neither can I. They won´t cooperate, the little critters (or perhaps Its me trying to get focus too long he he :garv:
Danne is right....it would be easier to sex if the genital is in full side view without the pelvic fins blocking.
I´ll see if I can get some better pics. Normally I am able to sex them myself by just looking at them (somewhat similar to anglefish), but these guys were a little tricky in that respect.
Anyway, if that is the colour of your discus, I think you need to clean up the tank and improve the diet of your discus. They are not looking well and vibrant. :tumbdown:
No this is bad developing. I have complained about this film and got a better copy, but still not what I wanted, so I cant give you a better photo. A photo taken by another camera is in my photoalbum here on the forum, but even that one is not all correct. They have a dark shade of turcoise with a warm reddish overall tone and red spots of course. The headarea is yellowish. The photo above implies a grey tone on the heaad and/or stress bars, that is not present IRL. I give them a waterchange of about 40% every two or three days. It wouldnt be the water either. They have been moved from one tank to another, and are on a food-strike, thats all. Everything else is like it used to be for them. They are swimming happily around, arent shy, still like to come about when I come and so on. I think perhaps they are scared of the slightly darker sand in the new tank :confus1: or the snails (i keep them for cultivating the soil). They were in a similar tank before.
Are you not using a digital camera? :confus1:
Take care,
Andrew :hura3:
No, I cant. I have not been able to find one that my eyes can use. I cant see what I have in the picture ... :dontknow: So I still keep my oldies. Some lenses are more than hundred years old ... and a big advantage is, that when I get sand or snow in the camera - I just open it up, clean it and close it - and go on taking pictures. Batteries? What´s that ???? Never heard of them ... :lol:

Hi from Christina :wink1:

christinag

Post by christinag » 01 Jun 2008, 14:51

PS
The little fishbabies from the other species seem to be adopted now ... they are still around and about the discus, one at the time. Well OK, if thats what they want, I guess they are in training-camp for later spawning ... no problems :dontknow:

Return to “Ask Andrew Soh”