HIH

drd

HIH

Post by drd » 23 Mar 2008, 12:06

This is one of my many nice discus but it doesn´t look so good at the moment :confus1:

Looks like hih bigtime and what i´ve done is that i use 1000 mg flagyl tablets in 100 litre water at 29 degrees and ph about 6.5 right now.

What is the best treatment for this nasty disease ?

I only have 5 more flagyl tablets of 200 mg with metro in it today and i am going to the vet on tuesday to get my hands of some more.
hihparet.jpg
This pic is here on the right side and it looks like she´s blind as well :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drd

Re: HIH

Post by drd » 23 Mar 2008, 13:46

I am starting to wonder if my fish could be so infected within so thats the reson the fish had gone blind also.
It may have been going on for quite some time and i didn´t see it so it is to late to save this fish.

Am also looking to my global knifes..... :dontknow:

Andrew Soh
International user

Re: HIH

Post by Andrew Soh » 26 Mar 2008, 03:42

Hey,

Let's solve the problems one at a time. Forget above the eye...and solve the wound.

It is obvious that that is a wound and an immediate reaction is to put salt into your water @ 100gm to 100 litre of water to prevent dehydration (leaching of the bodily salt)

The next thing is the wound itself. The way I look at it, it is a post-infection stage and putting medication in the water may not help in the repair of the wound. What you need to do now is to take out the discus as describe in page 146 (I don't know whether you have my book). Anyway, take the discus out and rub hard on the wound a paste of tetracycline and salt. The rubbing should further cause bruise to that area so as to revitalise tissue repair. Count to 20 and then lower into water....best into a clinical tank(empty without gravel and plant).

And in that tank...add an antibiotic, metronidazole and acriflavine into the water (treatment dose)...plus salt. Antibiotic and metronidazole are for 12 days with every 4 days WC and redose. Acriflavine and salt is for one month. If your notice that the tissue didn't start regeneration, take it out and rub or tear the tissue one more time.

Saving a discus is JOY!!!

Take care,
Andrew :hura3: :hura3: :hura3:
'Discus, Problems and Solutions'
'Discus, The Naked Truth'
thruststhatlast
Author
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... p?ref=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Ask Andrew Soh”