Disease of this fish (picture included)?

christinag

Re: Disease of this fish (picture included)?

Post by christinag » 24 Mar 2008, 00:30

kanotisten wrote: I'll write exactly as the informationpamphlet says:

Day 1: 22 drops or 1 ml per each 20 liters
Day 2: no treatment
Day 3: 22 drops or 1 ml per each 20 liters

that means 20 ml on day 1, and 20 ml on day 3.
Seems so ... But perhaps there is some information missing? Is there another recomendation for treating against parasites as for treating against bacterias? The recommended dosage of the substance itself varies anyway, for these two purposes...

Another thing is, that this medication is often used only one day, or in effect - the treatment consists of one dosage. But this is done mostly against parasites.
So I guess the "for 800 liters" that it says on the package is misleading/false advertisment because the 50 ml bottle is only good for treating a 400 liter aquarium.
Why don´t you ask them? Email sera.de and ask them some questions! They also have a consumer hotline phone for questions like that: 02452 / 912615 (from Sweden this would be direktval 0049-2452-912615)

I did this with another brand, and I got the answer "...the drops vary with the size of the bottle ... yada yada ..." :mad: Six months after that, the packages contained a new translation ... :blush3:
So I guess I'll add almost half the bottle today (20 ml) and then the other half on tuesday night.
You go ahead and do that. Its not a large dosage. On the contrary. It seems quite weak in my opinion. I have not had the best results anyway, whit this particular brand/product.

Unfortunately I have not found any copies of the dosage recommendations of Bactopur. If I could read it in German (original language), then I might be able to figure out what they mean :dontknow:

Greetings,
Christina G
Jag är inte en komplett idiot, det fattas några delar

christinag

Re: Disease of this fish (picture included)?

Post by christinag » 24 Mar 2008, 00:43

kanotisten wrote:This last week I have been doing 15% water changes every day. Most of my fish look fine, there are 2 discs that are showing signs of weakening (darkened colour, and they are shyer) - but nothing that except for that yet

The only fish that present any symptoms are my Ramirezi that breath very heavily.

So medicate the whole tank, or have a seperate tank for medication?

edit: I forgot to mention that the PH is 6.3 and the temperature is 29,5-30,5 celcius.
There is definetively something going on in your tank! Nice tank, by the way :) If that plant in the right foreground happens to be a riccia, you might want to rescue it from the acriflavine. Its been reported as very sensitive against that.

Good luck with the treatment!
Jag är inte en komplett idiot, det fattas några delar

Return to “Ask Andrew Soh”