Sick Discus.

bucket

Sick Discus.

Post by bucket » 29 Jun 2009, 14:46

Hello Sir.

I have a problem with my fishes, they are constantly iching themselves on plants and get "panic" rushes.

This feomena came when i put a wild discus wiht my normal discus, and the fool as i was, no quarantine.

I have tried every brand on the market agaist external paracites and worms, but no luck, even PP.

Now i want you oppininon, if it might be that they have an interneal bacteria infection, that makes them ich?

You are the man when it comes tom discus treatment :hug1:

I would appriciate your oppinion in thi matter.

Best regards: Bucket

Andrew Soh
International user

Re: Sick Discus.

Post by Andrew Soh » 30 Jun 2009, 00:32

Scratching on plant and itchy may be due to a few factors. IT could be external parasites or your water needs changing more frequently. Try to make more water changes. How much WC and how often do you do that?

You could try to eliminate parasites in your tank of discus with copper sulphate (commercial brand which is safer as it is chelated)...long term for a month...follow manufacturer's instruction. For once, remove all the plants and disinfect them separately with 24hours of heavier PP treatment and repeat on alternate days for one week. Is your system bio-filtration?

IT is not bacterial as your discus did not darken.

Panic rush may not be due solely to parasites but the wild discus you added in. Generally, wild discus are more sensitive to their environment and will react to any movement and always dash. And as you know, discus react collectively....so when the wild discus suddenly shakes a little....and even before it rushes, the rest in the tank can feel the water vibration and all will dash together.

Do the Copper treatment and see what happens.

Andrew
'Discus, Problems and Solutions'
'Discus, The Naked Truth'
thruststhatlast
Author
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... p?ref=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bucket

Post by bucket » 30 Jun 2009, 18:38

Thank you Sir for youre reply.

So i can use for example this?

Andrew Soh
International user

Post by Andrew Soh » 30 Jun 2009, 22:31

Yes...you can and is a good brand too.

Andrew
'Discus, Problems and Solutions'
'Discus, The Naked Truth'
thruststhatlast
Author
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... p?ref=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Allex
International user

Post by Allex » 02 May 2010, 08:33

Hello bucket ,
I saw that this post is quite old. Can you tell me if the copper sulphate treatment worked for your fish? I'm having a similar problem with mine and would be quite interested . Mine shiver sometimes like they want to mate but I'm pretty sure is not that.
Thanks!

P.S. I cannot speak Swedish so I did not introduce myself. If there is an English section for this please let me know.

Dizkuz

Post by Dizkuz » 02 May 2010, 08:39

Hi there Allex and Wellcome to DFS/NDS :wink1:

We have a presentation section here : viewforum.php?f=71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope Bucket will tag a long in this thread and let you know :hug1:
Brgds Danne
No end to Karma, so we should be very careful about our actions
Poff!

Leopoldi

Post by Leopoldi » 02 May 2010, 08:54

http://www.waterlife.co.uk/waterlife/cuprazin.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Image

Return to “Ask Andrew Soh”